Contest Regulations For MINO Music Song Of Glory Gospel Contest
WELCOME TO THE MINO MUSIC SONG OF GLORY GOSPEL CONTEST. THESE CONTEST REGULATIONS CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US AND GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE MINO MUSIC SONG OF GLORY GOSPEL CONTEST WHICH IS PROVIDED BY MINO MUSIC AND NOTJUSTOK INC. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS MINO MUSIC SONG OF GLORY GOSPEL CONTEST YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST REGULATIONS. THESE CONTEST REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY MINO MUSIC AND NOTJUSTOK AT ANY TIME IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS MINO MUSIC SONG OF GLORY GOSPEL CONTEST AFTER SUCH CHANGES ARE IMPLEMENTED CONSTITUTE YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. PLEASE CONSULT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGULARLY.
The terms below have the following meaning:
- “App” means the Mino music application for mobile devices.
- “Contest” means the Mino Music Song of Glory Gospel Contest that is operated by Mino Music and Notjustok Limited, through their Site and App, permitting any contestant to participate and be eligible to any awards, subject to these Contest Regulations.
- “Contest Entrance Period” means from the period commencing on 20th February, 2019, until 5th August, 2019.
- “Contest Regulations” means the terms and conditions governing the Contest.
- “Mino Mobile App Likes” means the cumulative number of likes that each Content receives on the App.
- “Mino Mobile App Plays” means the cumulative number of times that each Content is played on the App.
- “Site” means the Internet site https://minomusic.co/
- “We or us” means Mino Music and Notjustok Inc.
- “Terms and Conditions” mean, jointly, whatever conditions are published on the Site, the present Terms and Conditions of the Site and any other document concerning the Contest, including these Contest Regulations.
- “Contestant or You” means any person who successfully registers on the Site for the purpose of the Contest.
- “Content” means an original sound recording embodying gospel music which is the property of the contestant, written, composed, and performed by the contestant or his or her band and submitted through the contestant’s registered Mino Music account. The contestant’s Content shall be a minimum of two minutes (2:00) and a maximum of four minutes and thirty seconds (4:30) in length.
Age Of Contestants
To participate in the Contest, you must be, and represent and warrant that you are 18 years and over and of legal competence to enter into a binding agreement with us, and are not otherwise prohibited from using the Site and App in accordance with these Contest Regulations or any relevant laws.
The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Notjustok Inc, Notjustok Nigeria Limited;
- Notjustok Nigeria and Notjustok Kenya and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors; web designers, advertisers, insurance agencies, judges and agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest and those living in the same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) of each such employees, contractors, directors or officers.
Participation In The Contest
- If you are eligible and intend to participate in the Contest, you must register on the Site during the Contest Entrance Period.
- To register for the Contest, you are required to click on the login link for the Contest and provide certain registration details or other information including but not limited to an email address, your name, physical address, phone number, password or any other personal information. This information will be used in fulfillment of the Contest you have requested to participate in.
- You represent and warrant that all the information provided will be correct, current and complete. If we believe that the information provided is not current, is incorrect, incomplete or misleading, we have the right to refuse you access to the Contest at any time.
- You will remain responsible for safeguarding the details used to register for the Contest. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols). We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
- We will treat any personal information that you submit in participation in this Contest as private.
- We may also release information concerning your participation in this Contest when we believe in good faith, that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order), to protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful participation in this Contest, to protect our rights or property, enforce any contract between you and us, or if we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
By clicking on the “I agree button” at the bottom of the Contest registration form, you agree that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Contest Regulations. If you do not agree to be bound by these Contest Regulations, please do not participate in the Contest.
- If you are a talented musician and want to win a grand prize of $10,000 and an opportunity to get your gospel music heard by millions of listeners, you should participate in the Contest. Only gospel songs can be submitted for this Contest.
- To participate in the Contest, you are required to submit one unreleased, original Content only. Any other genres will be disqualified.
- All entries must be received during the Contest Entrance Period. Any Contest that is uploaded by any means after the Contest Entrance Period shall automatically be disqualified
- Written submissions that accompany uploads of Content must be in English language. The lyrics in the Content may be in English or any African native language.
- If you upload Content, you will be deemed to be the person who owns the email address associated with the submission.
- If a group or band elects to collaborate and submit a Content, the members are required to designate one (1) person as the representative of the group or band for the purpose of participating in the Contest, accepting to these Contest Regulations and the accept the prize on behalf of the group or band. We shall not be liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
- The Contestant and/or any member of his or her band or group must not have signed with any record label, music publishing house and/or master recording studio, at any time before this Contest or in the past.
- Once uploaded, Content will not be returned. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove, delete and/or disqualify any Content, if we deem it inappropriate or non-compliant.
- You may participate in this Contest for purposes expressly permitted by us. As a condition of your participation, you warrant to us that you will not participate for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Contest Regulations. You must not contact all or any of our partners. You must not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, products or services obtained from or otherwise connected to this Contest.
Content to be submitted as part of the Contest must not:
- be obscene or indecent and must not include any sexual violent, profanity or pornographic material;
- contain any defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group) or any threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace;
- invade the privacy or other legal rights of any third party;
- in any way, violate any applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
- feature or refer to any products including but not limited to distilled spirits (i.e. hard liquor), tobacco (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and snuff), contraceptives, feminine hygiene products, fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries and gambling (including horse or dog racing and products or services related to gambling);
- infringe on any third party’s intellectual property or other rights;
- have been entered into or selected as winner in respect of any previous contests or awards;
- have been published on any medium or at any time prior to submission in respect of this Contest or released via any record label or used in connection with any other brand and or product;
- contravene any provision of these Contest Regulations.
- Content must be suitable for display and publication on television and/or the internet.
- Content that is submitted for the purpose of the Contest shall be reviewed by us for compliance with these Content Regulations. However, such review shall not relieve you from the responsibility to comply with these Content Regulations.
- Any Content that fails to comply with these requirements or is found to contain prohibited, inappropriate or infringing content as determined by us in our sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- We shall reserve the right to make the final determination as to which Content shall be eligible to take part in this Contest and be shortlisted for the grand prize.
By participating in this Contest and uploading your Content to the Site, you hereby grant to us and our agents a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, edit, adapt, modify, post, publish, perform, transmit, distribute and display all Content, submissions, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics or other information communicated to us in the course of your participation in the Contest, in any and all media. Furthermore, we will not be required to treat any submission or Content as confidential, and may use same for advertising/promotion without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, whether at the time of use or in future.
The stages and judging criteria for the Contest are as follows:
- The judging criteria will be 40% of Mino Mobile App Likes or 60% of Mino Mobile App Plays. The Mino Mobile App Likes and Plays will commence the moment Content is uploaded on the Site.
- A total of 500 Content will be selected on or before 22 April, 2019 and will progress to Stage Two.
- The judging criteria will be originality, creativity, musical skill, talent and overall appeal and will be conducted by a panel of judges.
- A total of 50 finalists will be selected on or before 13 May, 2019 and will progress to the Final Round. In the event of a tie for the fiftieth spot, it shall be resolved based on the highest score in the Mobile App Plays and Mobile App Likes, conducted for that purpose.
- The finalists will be notified by us, undergo a verification for compliance with these Contest Regulations and complete release forms.
- If notification is not possible or returned as undeliverable or if a finalist cannot be verified, or is otherwise unable to accept any prize and/or participate any further, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate finalist, provided that there is sufficient time for this and at our sole discretion.
- Thereafter, the Content for the finalists will placed on the Mino Mobile App for public voting.
- Mino Music will determine the winner of the grand prize and those of other positions in accordance with the judging criteria for the Final Round.
- The judging criteria shall be 50 % of Mino Mobile App Likes or 50% of Mino Mobile App Plays.
- The winners will be selected by our Mino Music on or before June 12, 2019.
- In the event that there is a tie at the final stage, we will select the Contestant with the most Mobile Music App Plays. If there is still a tie then we will use the Mobile Music App Plays and Mobile Music App Likes from the final stage period. If there is still a tie, we will use Mobile Music App Plays from the time period of the final stage.
Certain Content may be featured from time to time on the Site during the Contest, at our sole discretion. Such features are wholly unrelated to the judging criteria and shall not guarantee selection as a finalist in the Contest.
The following prizes are to be awarded at the end of the Contest:
- The winner of the Grand Prize shall receive the sum of $10,000;
- The winner of the 2nd place shall receive the sum of $2,500;
- The winner of the 3rd place shall receive the sum of $1,500;
- The winner of the 4th place shall receive the sum of $500;
- The winner of the 5th place shall receive the sum of $500;
- Finalists will be notified by telephone and/or email within 3 three weeks and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release.
- Notification of finalist status must be kept confidential until the Finalists are publicly revealed by us or your finalist prize will be forfeited.
- Finalist prize will be forfeited and an alternate finalist may be selected if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address.
The shortlisted/winning submissions may be subject to such additional terms as may be communicated at the time of the announcement.
We reserve the right to require a potential finalist to submit to a confidential background check or verification to confirm eligibility and assist in ensuring that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring us into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by us, in our sole discretion. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by us does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to verify Contestants.
We reserve the right to disqualify you, if any of the following events occur:
- you are deemed to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or of our Site or violating the Contest Regulations, Terms and Conditions and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person
- it is discovered or determined by us that your conduct at the time of the Contest was illegal or, if you are found to have been charged with or convicted of a crime, or is determined by us to have be grossly offensive;
- if you violate any of these Contest Regulations or any rules or guidelines posted on the Site or App or for any other reason in our discretion.
- if our public association with you, subjects us to ridicule, contempt, controversy, embarrassment or scandal.
- If we elect to exercise our right under this section, any Content that was uploaded by you will no longer be considered for the purpose of the Contest.
Representations & Warranties
- By participating in this Contest, you represent and warrant that you have the capacity and authority to provide the information you submit, that it is accurate and complete, and that you authorize us to use all or any part of such information for any purposes in connection with this Contest.
- We and our affiliates are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entry.
- You warrant that you are the author of the Content submitted for the Contest and the present and sole owner of all right, title, and interest in and to the said Content. You have exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit said Content upon the terms and conditions set forth herein;
- no third party is entitled to any payment or other consideration as a condition of the exploitation of your Content
- there will not be rights or claims by third parties or any other kind of obstacle of any kind to the publication and circulation of the Content you upload on the Site or during the Contest; and
- neither the Content you upload, nor its publication, violate in any way mandatory legal provisions or rights of third parties.
- You warrant that you have not entered any agreements (including but not limited to agreements with employers) that would prohibit you from entering into the Contest or granting any of the rights granted herein.
- You further warrant and declare that all necessary consents, authorizations or permits of whatever nature, including without limitation, any consents for author’s rights connected to the Content you upload unto the Site, have been properly acquired.
- Accordingly, you will assume full responsibility and protect us from any possible damage, charge or expense as a result of threatened or pending actions, litigations or requests from third parties for compensation from us for violation of mandatory legal provisions or third party rights.
- You also guarantee that you will comply with any laws that are applicable to you or instructions, directives or orders that are issued by competent authorities, concerning the upload and or publication of your Content on the Site.
You warrant and declare that:
You will indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, content providers, service providers, employees, agents, officers, directors, and contractors (the Indemnified Parties) harmless from any breach of these Contest Regulations by you. You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments awards, costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your participation in this Contest.
Limitation Of Liability
- We do not assume any responsibility for any Content that is uploaded unto the Site by you or any person on your behalf, which violates in any way, any mandatory legal provisions or the rights of third parties. You shall remain solely responsible for whatever Content that is upload by you or on your behalf or caused to be circulated through the Site, in connection with the Contest.
- allegations regarding the prizes awarded during the Contest;
- personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by you or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Site or App or the download of any information from the Site or App;
- alleged infringement of intellectual property rights contained in any Content that was uploaded for the purpose of the Contest;
- claims for loss of revenue, or income, pain, and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, resulting from participation of Contestants in the Contest, even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damage
- any commercial, advertising, presentation, Web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared in connection with the Contest;
- fraud, deception or misrepresentation by any third party.
- inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest;
- hardware or software errors;
- faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers;
- failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received;
- lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions;
- inaccessibility of the Site, App in whole or in part for any reason;
- traffic congestion on the Internet or the Site;
- unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest.
technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following which may affect the operation of the Contest;
We, our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees. agents, officers and directors specifically disclaim all liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages or losses, deemed or alleged to have resulted from or caused by any Contestant’s participation in the Contest including any:
- By participating in the Contest, you agree to release us from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to your participation in the Contest.
- By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that we shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, or any travel related thereto.
We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these Contest Regulations and to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone who makes available any materials that are believed to violate these Contest Regulations.
BY ACCEPTING THESE CONTEST REGULATIONS YOU WAIVE AND US HOLD HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY US DURING OR AS A RESULT OF OUR INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY US OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- All Contestants must have a valid email address.
- Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes.
- No substitution of prizes are offered, except at our sole discretion. Prizes are also non-transferable.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to circumstance not foreseeable at the date of these Contest Regulations and or circumstances not within our reasonable control, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or any action taken by any government or public authority of any kind, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, invasion, war, threat of war,any accident, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, epidemic, or any other natural or physical disaster, we reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest.
- We are under no obligation to use any Content that is submitted for the Contest and may terminate the Contest without reason at any time by giving public notice or announcement to this effect.
- If any part of these Contest Regulations is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Contest Regulations and any supplemental terms, policies, rules and guidelines constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all previous written and or oral agreements relating to your entry and participation in the Contest. This agreement will not be assignable or transferable by you. Any additional terms and conditions will govern the items to which they pertain. We may revise or update these Contest Regulations at any time.
- These Contest Regulations will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
- Any and all disputes, claims or litigation arising from or related in any way to these Contest Regulations or any provisions herein, will be resolved by mediation at the Lagos Multi Door Court House, Lagos State, Nigeria. Where such dispute persists, it shall then be resolved by Nigerian Courts in Lagos State. The parties hereby waive any objections against and expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian Courts in Lagos State.
I HAVE READ THIS CONTEST REGULATIONS AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED THEREIN.